Friday, November 17, 2006

Having a bad day

Usually when I blog, I try to write lighthearted, amusing things. I mean, who wants to read depressing stuff, right? But this entry is not going to be so lighthearted.

I want everyone out there to know, its okay to have a bad day. Or even a bad week. Or even a bad month. Heck, if you have a bad year, that’s okay, too. It doesn’t mean something’s wrong with you. It doesn’t mean you need meds necessarily. It just means you’re having a bad moment. You’re allowed to.

So how do you get out of a funky mood? It’s different for everyone. Go for a walk. Listen to music. Hang out with friends. You know what you need to bring yourself out of a bad mood. Sometimes it just takes time. Time to think. Time to heal. Only you know what’s brought the mood on and only you can bring yourself out of the mood.

What’s making me write this? Numerous things. I have my personal reasons, which I’m not going to go into. But there are other things as well. For one, my agent’s blog this week dealt with people being pissy about her being the person she is. Another friend of mine is going through some difficult times and people aren’t supporting her. They’re ditching her because she’s no “fun” to be around. And yet another friend of mine is losing herself in alcohol because of things she’s going through.

Find what’s going to make you happy and do it. Life’s too short not to be happy.

Those of you who know me know that I tutor middle and high school students. I’m going to end this blog with something one my students said to me this week…Peace out!

No comments: