Friday, May 02, 2008

Shannon does Hollywood


I just got back from one crazy trip to LA. I went for the LA Times Book Festival. Here are the highlights:

- Red eye flight out there, stuck in a seat that wouldn't recline, screaming kids behind me
- Stood in the rental car line for two hours
- Arrived at hotel at 5:30 in the morning
- Sleep? Ha, ha that's funny
- Hiked to the Hollywood sign
- Got lost looking for Rodeo Drive
- Saw the famous Santa Monica pier
- Watched street performers (yes, I gave money)
- Crashed early, got two hours of sleep because of one killer cold I contracted
- Up early to work all day at the festival in a tent with no ventilation
- Record high temps
- Slammed anything to keep me awake: coke, vitamins, energy drinks
- Mexican for dinner
- Managed a full night's sleep
- Up early to swim laps
- Met friends for lunch
- Missed my flight, bumped to a red eye
- Stuck in a seat that wouldn't recline, screaming kid beside me (not kidding)
- Arrived back to Florida at 8 in the morning
- Sleep? Ha, ha that's funny.

And people think writers have the life of luxury. Snort.

But let's focus on the positives . . .

No comments: