Monday, August 31, 2009

A Worldly Breakfast

It's the most important meal of the day, right!? And breakfast makes everything better - especially at our house. We're the sort that loves breakfast food so much we like to have breakfast for dinner too sometimes.

A breakfast here, especially after a sleepover, is a major tradition. We have homemade pancakes, waffles, or french toast, bacon or sausage and ALWAYS homemade syrup.

Yup, the syrup is legendary around here.

When we first married, my husband scoffed at bottled syrup and proceeded to educate me on the wonders of making one's own maple goodness. It's easy, fresh, more flavorful, and dare I say it...less expensive. (that's important when you have syrup addicts like us). I was soon turning up my own nose at those cleverly shaped bottles of inferiority on grocery store shelves.

My children have never known anything less (though they assure me they are polite when faced with bottled syrup away from home) and it just might be the elixir that brings them home to visit once they've flown the coop - um, I mean nest.

My opinions about syrup (and other kitchen adventures) even show up occasionally in my books.
Check it out - after breakfast of course - you don't want to get the book sticky!

Regan


Buy Pixie Chicks at Quake or Amazon today, and tomorrow you'll find me blogging at Echelon Press Shorts about the release of Hot Spots, the next installment of the Hobbitville Saga.

The photos are courtesy of Wikipedia, but they could just as easily come from my kitchen!

No comments: