Friday, November 06, 2009

Animals...

Hmmm.... Animals....

What to say?

I mean, I used to have a fish for a few years when I was in elementary school. I was, apparently, a very creative child when it came to naming him, too. His name was Mr. Fish.

How original. I know.

But that fish was resilient. It must've lived for five or six years. (And I think it was even a goldfish!) But it started as my brother's fish, then it was my fish, then it moved back to being my brother's fish.

So that fish got bounced around, but even when he was with my brother, I still liked to visit him.

Even though we fought over the name of the fish.

Yes, we both called the fish different names. (Good thing he didn't hear us. He might've experienced from identity confusion)

So I guess that's my story about an animal. Yes, it's short, but there's only so much to say about a fish.

Well, I guess it's a good thing I never had a cat then....

2 comments:

Norm Cowie said...

I put a small pond next to my front door.

There are seven goldfish, and they have lived in the pond for four years ... through winter and everything (there's a heater and all winter they are huddled under it wearing scarves and gloves).

They have no names, but they haven't complained yet.

Norm

http://fangplace.blogspot.com

Legendary Lights said...

Hope you don't have marauding neighborhood cats, Norm. Your goldfish population could diminish overnight.

Worse, they could be vampire cats.

Pam
http://beaconstreetbooks.com