Monday, November 02, 2009

The minds of cats

As I sit here typing this, my cat is hiding under a towel creeping out from the basket of clean laundry I need to take upstairs & put away. He is peering out from under it to watch my husband's cat, Jackson, who is sitting on top of my exercise bike.

I'm guessing that in about five seconds, there will be a wild scurry as one of them launches an attack on the other.

I never thought I'd be a cat person (my family always had dogs), but I got "adopted," and one thing I found out right off the bat is how expressive cats can be. Nine times out of ten, you can tell what they're thinking just by the look on their face.

It's the other one-tenth of the time, when they're curled up on the couch watching you like a Sphinx, that I wish I had a little more ability in the mind-reading department.

No comments: