Thursday, October 19, 2006

Teenage Writers

Great fun over the weekend. I spoke to a group of library patrons. Now, I know that doesn't sound all that exciting, even though they WERE an interested bunch. The really cool part was getting to talk to two teenage friends who are avid, enthusiastic, fantasy/fiction writers!! They had tons of questions, and are certain they WILL be published and famous some day. There's not a doubt in my mind, either.

They are both writing series books, and one has ten books planned already. They write every day, and help edit each other's work.

The self-confidence these two displayed was contagious! I hope every teenager reading this has an equally awesome dream to latch onto. It was a blast talking to them.

I also was excited to find out that "Cynthia's Attic: The Magic Medallion," was a finalist in the "Children's Fiction" category in the USABookNews 2006 Book Awards.

No comments: