Everybody loves a mystery! For November we would like you to write and submit your most murderous and original story and be thankful you aren't the victim! Echelon Press would like to publish your "Fast and Fatal" November story. The fast part means you have until November 14, 2006 to submit your story of 3000-6000 words. The winner will be notified by November 16, 2006 and have 5 days to edit/revise the story. Echelon Press will publish your story in its e-book division on November 23, 2006. Simple!
Send your submissions to email@example.com
Our only real request is that a murder be the catalyst for your story! Contemporary, historical, noir, or horror as long as somebody gets killed, you get the point. Stories must adhere to the following guidelines.
Standard Manuscript format
- File saved in Word format (.doc) or (.rtf)
- 8 ½ x 11 page
- Times New Roman 12pt font/black
- 1-inch margin on all sides/ 1.5 line spacing
- Align text left, do not justify (aligning text both left and right)
- Header containing title, author name and page number
- Capital letters at the beginning of sentences and proper nouns
- Show new paragraphs by indenting first line of new paragraph .3. Do not add blank line between paragraphs.
- Show scene breaks with * * * * centered in the appropriate line.
All cover letters must include
- Name (and pseudonym if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- E-mail address (if available)
- Web address (if available)