Friday, October 12, 2007

What's Wrong Honey?

Living in a RV means I'm now back to doing laundry in a laundry mat. I have no problem with this because my campground's washer/dryer facility is handily located diagonal to my RV.

Okay, so a few days ago I haul my laundry over, load up the washers, insert my quarters, and away things go. Thirty minutes later I change over to the dryers, insert my quarters, press the start button, and nothing happens. Nada. Zilcho. And here's how the scene went:

Me (grumbling): Damn it all. Now I have to go up to the front office and tell them the dryer's broke and get reimbursed and come all the way back here and switch my clothes to a new dryer and blah, blah, blah... (whine, whine, whine...)

(Enter little old lady all hunched over): "Whats wrong honey?" (said in a smokers rasp)

I whiningly tell her the story.

With an understanding grunt, she hobbles over, rears her arthritic fist back, and slams it into the machine. My clothes magically begin to tumble in the dryer.

Me (staring at her in amazement): I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Little old lady: (smokers rasp) Well you better start working on it now, 'cause I'm one of a kind.

Me (bowing): I'm not worthy.

With a cackle, the little old lady hobbles from the laundry mat and disappears into the mist. (Well, not really mist, but it sounded good for my story. :))

No comments: