Saturday, January 26, 2008

My First Race!


I am too cool. I ran my very first race this morning. It was rainy and cold, but oh my god it was awesome!

Originally, I went down to watch and cheer on a friend, but before I knew it I was signing up and pinning on my race number.

There were hundreds and hundreds of people: men, women, senior citizens, kids. I lined up with everybody (in the back, mind you--no way I was getting run over). I thought I was just going to walk it, but before I knew it the race started, and all these people were passing me by, and my adrenaline kicked in, and I was off!

I only stopped once (okay twice) for a walking break. The streets were closed for the race and lined with people cheering all of us on. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before and definitely something I'll do again!

Oh, and they tied this micro chip into my running laces and had a computer that clocked my time. Pretty nifty!

No comments: