Friday, February 08, 2008

Advice From Old People

Living in Florida has one big advantage. I'm surrounded by retirees. My sister jokes and says I'm like Cameron Diaz in the movie, In Her Shoes. I'm the young chick surrounded by gray and bald heads.

There's something I like to do from time to time. I like to ask old people what their advice is for someone my age. After all, they are old and wise and have been through the ropes a time or two. So here are the top five things I've garnered in advice nuggets from my elders:

1) Never dump your girlfriends for a guy
2) Live life like every day is your last
3) Put away for the future 'cause the government's sure not going to take care of you
4) Don't be lazy, stay active
5) Eat lots of bacon

I'm not sure about the last one, but the rest are certainly thought worthy.

Toodles!

No comments: