Friday, June 20, 2008

I think I'm jinxed

Okay, so if you read my LA post a few weeks back, you'd know I'm a bit jinxed. And after the last two weeks I've had, I'm completely convinced I am. Let me demonstrate...

-Went to airport to fly to Chicago. Plane gets delayed. Then delayed again. Then delayed again. Then... well, you get the drift.
-Arrive to hotel that is supposed to be 2 blocks from book festival. Hotel ends up being 2 miles from festival.
-Room is located right by elevator. Hence no sleep.
-Day 1 of festival: rain sends us packing.
-Day 2 of festival: rain sends us packing.
-Rented a bike to see Lake Michigan. Bike gets flat tire 5 miles from where I'd rented it.
-Got lost looking for Hancock building.
-Got lost looking for basically anything else.
-Acquired 3 blisters from all the lost walking.
-Bought a poncho because of all the rain. The sun immediately decides to show.
-Went to airport to fly back. Plane gets delayed. Then delayed again. Then...

Okay, so then I immediately do laundry and repack for next trip. And here goes...

-Go to airport, get on plane, pilot comes on and says we're grounded.
-2 hours later still sitting on plane. Pilot has shut engines off. Natives are restless.
-Finally arrive in Atlanta where I board my next plane. Pilot comes on and says we're grounded.
-2 hours later still sitting on plane. Pilot has shut engines off. Natives are restless.
-Arrive to Nashville 5 hours past due. Starving. Woof down hamburger and fries. Must have been bad meat. Got sick.
-Next day dawns. Can't figure out GPS in car. Proceed to get lost.
-Decide a run in the TN hills would be great. Hills give me shin splints.
-Buy a cookie from a health food store. Turns out to be 1000 calories!!
-See a neat park. Stop to hike trails. Emerge 1 hour later with 15 bug bites.
-Try the GPS again. Still lost.
-Ordered a pizza. Delivered with wrong ingredients.

Sigh. I could go on and on. I swear I could, but I think I'm exhausted just typing this.

Okay, so the positives:

-I got to play with a cute little puppy.
-I saw Jill, my childhood friend.
-I had dinner with Laura Beth, a Vanderbilt librarian.
-Saw my mom, my dad, and my brother.
-And the flight home had no delays!

No comments: