Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Month of Prom!

Today I've decided to let my character, Melanie Ryder, take a break from writing blogs and grab this one myself.

So the month of May. Besides a variety of other things going on this month, there is one event this month that is probably bigger than all of the others:


Prom.

If you've been reading my Melanie's Monday blog, Melanie has been talking about her own road to the prom, and she is quite excited for the dance.

I'd have to say that I agree with her. And even though I'm not the world's best dancer (although I think I've managed to finally leave the bottom ten) I have been so excited for my own prom - I have my dress and shoes picked out, and I've finally decided how I'm going to do my hair.

And ...


(Drum roll please)

I remembered to buy a boutonniere! Can't have the date go without his flower, now, can we?

But, pushing all those aspects aside, I think a major part of Prom is just being with friends. What with graduation around the corner and everyone going to different colleges... It's a night to just hang out with friends and dance and have a good time before everyone begins going their separate ways.

And now enough with being sappy.

So Prom.

A time of memories, laughs, and fun.

And maybe some dancing if you're not too afraid.

Alyssa Montgomery
www.alyssamontgomery.com
Author of Where Are You?, Mr. Mysterious, and 9:53 PM (from the Heat of the Moment Anthology).

4 comments:

Regan Black said...

You're so right about all of it, Alyssa!

Have a great time!

Regan
http://www.regansrealm.blogspot.com

Mary Cunningham said...

Hope you and your friends have a wonderful time, Alyssa! Sounds like you're all ready!

Mary
http://www.cynthiasattic.blogspot.com

Legendary Lights said...

Did I tell you that I am coming with you? As chaperon?

Don't worry, I won't hover TOO much. Hey, maybe I help teach some of your friends, and your date, some new dance steps? Hmmm???

Pam
http://beaconstreetbooks.com

Norm Cowie said...

Pictures! We want pictures!

(of anything, of course, we're not picky. I always liked a nice shot of the punchbowl)

Norm

http://fangplace.blogspot.com