Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The goofiest thing I ever did.... Huh?

I'm new here, so I guess let me introduce myself.

My name is Heather S. Ingemar, and while I've been an author at Echelon Press since 2007, I recently fell in love with YA literature and had the yen to write some myself. My first YA novella, "Requiem" got accepted (today, actually... yay! :D ) and so you'll have to watch for that. Let me know how it goes, will ya? Great.

So, the theme for this week is "the goofiest thing I ever did." I'm not used to doing themed posts, so just gimme a minute.

Hmm.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

You're probably thinking I can't even think of something, right? Actually, it's quite the reverse; I guess you could say I'm a bit of a clutz... or at least goofy girl, and I'm having a hard time picking just ONE event out of a whole lifetime of goofy events.

I could tell you about the time I ran over the dog on my bicycle... (it was his fault, really!)

Or about the time I helped my husband make a mock gallows & accompanying newspaper-stuffed-dummy for Halloween... (you should've *seen* the funny looks we got from people driving by!)

Or when said newspaper-stuffed-dummy scared the bejeezus out of me when I was looking for something in the basement... (sad part was, I *knew* he was there)

Or maybe about the umpteen times I've tripped over my own feet, gotten people confused with other people, or ran into things.... (can we say "slap-stick"?)

Or better yet, I could tell you about the time I sang the entire chorus of "Yes, We Have No Bananas" (I even did it with a little dance!) to the customer lady who merely wanted to know when our next produce shipment would be....

On second thought, I suppose it's probably better if I don't. ;)

2 comments:

Legendary Lights said...

Welcome to the goofiest group on line! Great first post!

Norm Cowie said...

Like an embarrassment of riches, huh?

Norm

http://fangplace.blogspot.com