Saturday, July 11, 2009



I could go on and on about the rivalry with my brother, like how he used to shove me into a footstool when I was five or six, then sit on the lid until I almost passed out from lack of oxygen (which may account for my claustrophobia). But, I think I'll stick with the rivalry with Cynthia's brother and sister.

As you probably know, Cynthia and I are best friends, and have been since day-one. Her sister is seventeen - five years older, so we always make it a point to stay out of her way. As far back as I can remember, we never caused her one minute's trouble! So, why does she consider us more annoying than the red clay she scrapes off her shoes at the front door? What'd we ever do to her?

Just because we occasionally play records (full blast) while she's practicing her precious piano. Or, maybe, once or twice lose phone messages from her precious Rodney (ICK!).

Her brother's job is to pester us at every opportunity. I'll never forget spending one cold winter night at Cynthia's house. She had an electric blanket that I thought was pretty cool. Okay...maybe it was hot. Whatever. Anyway, before we went to sleep, her brother opened the door and whispered, "Gus. Be sure you don't move a muscle during the night or that blanket will catch on fire." I don't think I closed my eyes all night.

No matter how hard we try, we can't seem to get back at him. Any suggestions?

Your friend, Gus

(also known as Mary Cunningham)




For a limited time: Buy Ghost Light eBook from Echelon Press and a FREE copy of The Missing Locket, Book One in the Cynthia's Attic Fantasy Adventure series, will be included with your download. (both stories are in the Ghost Light file.)



Discover the Magic in Cynthia's Attic ('tween time-travel series)

1 comment:

Legendary Lights said...

You know, that's downright mean, suggesting that the blanket will catch on fire. I would have been one to lie stock-still all night, too. I was so gullible! We had some pretty rotten siblings (as did Cynthia!)

Stay cool... or hot... whatever.

Pam
http://beaconstreetbooks.com